Yampa Valley Crane Festival
Colorado Crane Conservation Coalition, Inc. presents the annual Yampa Valley Crane Festival every fall. The festival occurs during fall staging- when cranes gather in large numbers in the fall to feed and gain energy for their migration south. The festival is held in beautiful Northwest Colorado with events in Steamboat Springs, Hayden, and Craig. The festival features guided crane-viewings, bird and nature walks, expert speakers, films, crane and bird art, children and family activities, and more!
Save the Date for our 12th annual Yampa Valley Crane Festival taking place Aug 31 – Sept 3, 2023 in beautiful Northwest Colorado!
Here is a sneak peak of our 2023 fantastic speaker lineup:
- Keynote: Rich Beilfuss, President and CEO of the International Crane Foundation.
- Buddy Huffaker, Executive Director of the Aldo Leopold Foundation
- Steve Burrows, acclaimed author and writer of birder, murder mystery novels
- Erin Gelling, Executive Director of CCCC
- Sandra Noll and Erv Nichols, Sandhill Crane experts
- Ted Floyd, editor of Birding magazine
- Nature’s Educators, live raptors
Stay tuned for more information.
The full schedule will be posted on our website July 1st. Registration will begin July 15th.
The Yampa Valley Crane Festival
See the magic behind the festival – kid’s activities, crane viewings, and of course, the Sandhill Cranes that make it all possible.
Behind the Scenes of the Yampa Valley Crane Festival
Join along and experience the dedicated effort that goes into producing the crane festival each fall with this video produced by Jo Smith.