2016 Crane Coloring Contest
The coloring contest for children is a favorite part of the Yampa Valley Crane Festival every year. This year there was a category for all third graders in Routt County who had participated in the Colorado Crane Conservation Coalition’s 3rd grade educational program and another category for the general public.
Ciao Gelato once again generously provided prizes for the coloring contest. Award winners were announced at the awards ceremony Thursday, Sept. 8, 2016 at 6 p.m. in Library Hall followed by Dr. Barry Hartup’s presentation of Whooping Crane Fun Facts. All entries were on display at the library throughout the festival.
This year’s distinguished panel of judges included:
- Audrey Enever – Yampa River Botanic Park
- Kim Keith – Steamboat Springs Arts Council Executive Director
- Garrett Wiggins – Routt County Sheriff
- Nancy Mucklow – Girl Scouts Volunteer Coordinator
- Cory Christensen – Steamboat Springs Chief of Police
The following are photos of contest entries and winners. The International Crane Foundation’s mascot, “HOPE” the whooping crane, greeted winners during the ceremony.
Click here for the complete list of winners for the 2016 contest.