See below for current Employment Opportunities at Colorado Crane Conservation Coalition.
CCCC Operations Coordinator
View this job announcement as a PDF here.
About the Colorado Crane Conservation Coalition, Inc. (CCCC):
Founded in 2012, CCCC’s mission is to conserve and protect the Rocky Mountain Population of Greater Sandhill Cranes and their habitat using science and education to connect people with this iconic species.
CCCC sponsors the annual Yampa Valley Crane Festival, presents various educational and awareness programs and offers a scholarship program. CCCC conducts field conservation and research programs focused on cranes and their habitat, including the Crops for Cranes project that works collaboratively with ranchers and environmental entities. In spring, CCCC operates a live nest camera during crane breeding season.
Run by the dedicated Program Director, Board of Directors and many other volunteers, CCCC is ready for new operational support to continue to grow the organization as the preeminent advocate and resource for the Rocky Mountain Greater Sandhill Cranes and the public’s engagement with them.
Organization Type: 501(c)(3)
Job Location: Routt County, CO
Type of Job: Part-time – minimum weekly hours. Will fluctuate during year.
Job Category: Administrative
The CCCC Operations Coordinator will play an integral role in the coordination, development and implementation of the operational and administrative processes that support the organization. The Operations Coordinator actively supports CCCC’s program areas: annual Yampa Valley Crane Festival, Conservation & Research and Education & Awareness, as well as general management and fundraising areas.
Areas of Responsibility:
Work with the Program Director and Board of Directors to facilitate and promote all CCCC programming and activities, including:
- Publicity for the Yampa Valley Crane Festival and other programs (helping with social media posts, distribution of rack cards and posters, setting up print and radio ads, posting festival information on online calendars and websites, handling the banner set-up and take-down etc.)
- Monitoring and helping with sales systems for the Yampa Valley Crane Festival (Square, 32auctions, Humanitix)
- Reconciliation of vendor bills to work performed, and follow-up as needed
- Assistance with:
- Setting up meetings for CCCC board and volunteers
- Presenting and implementing educational and science programs
- Insurance matters and maintaining state, federal, and local requirements for organization
- Bookkeeping data entry
- Interact via phone, email and in person with various volunteers, participants, supporters, community members and vendors
- Follow up with all projects/programs, as needed
- Strong attention to detail, organization, quality and follow-through of projects and tasks
- Ability to prioritize and organize short and long-term assignments and projects
- Ability to manage multiple, high priority tasks in a flexible environment
- Computer proficiency, including experience with word, excel and database management
- Communication ease to engage positively with vendors, registrants, donors, volunteers and the general public.
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively with Program Director and Board of Directors
- Bookkeeping and QuickBooks experience a plus.
- $25.00 – $28.00/hour depending on experience
- Hours dependent on season – minimum 10 hours weekly guarantee, more required for lead-up and during crane festival, and other times during the year.
- Negotiable work schedule with ability to work remotely depending on program needs
- The opportunity to work with one of the Yampa Valley’s premier ecotourism and conservation non-profits
- Supportive organizational culture with independence and room to be creative
- Our office is in beautiful downtown Steamboat Springs, CO
How To Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 15, 2023. Be prepared to provide name and contact information for two references.