2020 Yampa Valley Crane Festival
The 9th annual Yampa Valley Crane Festival takes place September 3-6 2020. Due to the pandemic we will be holding a different kind of festival this year. We have created and produced a series of fun and educational videos about Greater Sandhill Cranes and other bird and nature-related topics focused on the Yampa Valley of Northwest Colorado. We have also taken some of the most popular crane festival events and turned them into videos for your enjoyment. All videos will be available for free through this website beginning September 3rd. Here are a few of the videos you will be able to enjoy from the comfort and safety of your home:
- Sandhill Cranes of the Yampa Valley
- From Nests to Colts: Breeding Ecology of Sandhill Cranes
- Cranes and Agriculture in the Yampa Valley
- From Ice Age to the Present: A Brief History of Sandhill Cranes in NW CO
- Crane Art of the Yampa Valley
- Crane Yoga
- Behind the Scenes of the Yampa Valley Crane Festival
- Hummingbirds & Hummingbird Moths: A Virtual Tour at the Yampa River Botanic Park with Andrew Floyd & Ted Floyd
- Wildlife Photography Tips with Chris Becea
- Carpenter Ranch Homestead Tour with Betsy Blakeslee
- What are all those OTHER birds you’re hearing when you’re looking at cranes: An audio primer for summer listening in the Yampa Valley with Ted Floyd
As part of our virtual festival we will also be live streaming a crane viewing session and presenting a crane origami folding lesson and story via ZOOM.
Our Crane Yard Art Display will kick-off at the Bud Werner Library Lawn on Friday, September 4 from 5-8 p.m. All bidding will be online this year from September 4-8 at www.32auctions.com/craneyardart.
We will post a list of crane-viewing-on-your-own locations just prior to the start of the festival.
Check back often for updates and detailed information about all festival activities!