Aug. 29, 2018 Update
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
Online registration is now closed but a few slots still remain for the following events:
- Guided Crane Viewing Shuttles
- Friday – 5:45 a.m. and 5:45 p.m.
- Sunday – 5:45 a.m.
- Sunday – 5:45 a.m. Guided Crane Viewing, Bird Walk, Carpenter Ranch Homestead Tour
- Sunday – 5:45 a.m. Guided Crane Viewing and Working Ranch Tour
- Nature Writing Workshop – Friday 10:30 a.m.
- HawkQuest Live Raptor Photo Shoot– Sunday 9:00 a.m.
- Owl Pellet Workshop – Sunday 10:15 a.m. and 11:15 a.m.
If you are interested, please stop by the Festival Information desk on the 2nd floor of the library on Thursday: 3 – 8:30 p.m.; Friday: 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.; Saturday: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. to register. You can also register by phone; call Ashley between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. at (970) 294-9806. Phone registrations will require payment and signing of a liability waiver at the Festival Information desk.
Please Note: There is no limit on the number of attendees and registration is not required for speaker presentations, films, sketch-a-bird workshop, visiting with the raptors at the HawkQuest booth on the library lawn and crane yoga at Little Toots Park. Don’t forget to stop by the library lawn on Thursday at 5:00 p.m. to see the Spirit Wind Aerial Arts dancers. You can also join the bird and nature walk at the Yampa River Botanic Park Friday afternoon. Although you can no longer order a picnic dinner, you can come on your own to the Carpenter Ranch picnic on Saturday evening and bring your own dinner. We also want to remind you to view the crane yard art on the library lawn and bid on your favorite crane on Friday from 2:30 – 5:30 p.m. and Saturday from noon to 4 p.m.
Enjoy the festival and the cranes!